If reuqired, the pot bearing can be designed
with hold-down devices to resist uplift forces.
Pot bearings are classified into there types: Fixed type, Sliding Guided type and Free Sliding Type. The elastomer which confined in the pot behaves like fluid. It's hydrostatic characteristics enable the elastomer to subject to rotation and huge compressive pressure. The internal seal rings are designed to prevent the elastomer from extruding under pressure. The low coefficient of friction and good performance to wear make the PTFE disk as an ideal sliding material in pot bearing. The external seal is provided to exclude moisture and debris.Taiwan Pillar has produced more than 20000 units of pot bearings over the past 25 years in domestic and overseas markets. The design of our bearings can be customized to customer's requirements.
- Suitable to logn span bridge, e.g., and suitable to variable bridges
- Suitable to huge rotation and displacement, the displacement can be up to 1 meter
- Compact size, reduce the structural cost
- Easy maintenance and replacement
- Long life-cycle and economic
- cable-stayed bridge and extradosed bridge
- steel bridges and concrete bridges
- Fixed TypeSubject to vertical and horizontal loadings and rotation, horizontal movement is not allowed
- Sliding Guided TypeSubject to vertical and one directionsal horizontal loadings and rotation, providing one directionsal horizontal movement
- Free Sliding TypeSubject to vertical loading and rotation, slide in any direction horizontally
- Pot bearing appearance